Rated one of the top free blues festivals in the USA, this autumn tradition draws tens of thousands of visitors to Old Louisville for the music, food and drinks, and to purchase unique handcrafted items directly from the artists who created them.
Held the weekend after the annual Saint James Court Art Show, this event began in 1988, and continues to grow and expand. The festival’s crafts area is set among a block of 1880s-90s Victorian homes on the quiet tree-lined Garvin Place, with vendors selling everything from jewelry, clothing, paintings, ceramics, art, and a host of artisan oddities. Our booths are open late, which helps make this festival a very unique Old Louisville event.
The festival takes place this year on Friday, October 13, from 6:30 - 11:15 pm, and Saturday, October 14, 2 - 11:15 pm. Vendors are asked to be present during all hours of the festival. All applications must be received between April 1 and September 1.
With space for only fifty or so booths, our jury process is simple: first-come, first-served, after the application has been approved. Our artists are important to us and to the music lovers who embrace the arts culture.
Vendors who would like to apply for an opportunity to have a 10’ x 10’ space must provide the required information in the APPLICATION FORM first. A $40 booth fee covers the Louisville Metro vendor permit fee and electricity for each booth. A tent/canopy is suggested, but not required. Private, free, off-street parking is available nearby to the artists on a first-come basis. Food vendors and groups with political or religious agendas will not be accepted.
APPLICATION FORMS may be downloaded, printed, filled-in, and delivered to:
Garvin Gate Blues Festival
1202 S 6th St.
Louisville, KY 40203
Our 2017 Garvin Gate Blues Festival Vendors
1. Donna Chancellor Paintings - Donna Chancellor
2. Garvin Gate Neighborhood Association - Chris Bosson
3. Kentuckiana Blues Society - Mark Sneed
4. Moon Revival Vintage - Sarah Baete
5. Recipe To End Hunger - Dawn Gee
6. U of L - Jonas Bastien
7. Old Louisville Florist - Charlie Miller
8. Goma Trading - Lonnie Barrett
9. Renewal by Anderson - Kevin Clark
10. All Your Accessories - Joni Perry
11. Heads Up Gear - Robert Bedford
12. Lilla Rose - Shanda Turner
13. Top This - Debbie Hess/Ginny Collins
14. Beroots Art - Ibrahima Baro
15. Matters of the Heart - Jermaine Davis
16. Psychic Laura - Laura Miller
17. TS Elliott Salon and Gallery - Terrance Elliott
18. Shannon’s Creation Station - Shannon Lovaas
19. LLR Christa - Christa Blanchet
20. Graces Carribbean Delights - James and Grace Appleton
21. Gye Nyame of Louisville - Lisa Uthman/Owen Sitgrave
22-23. Fit to be Tied - Carolyn Birdsong
24. Primax Compozit Home Systems - Frankie James
25. Clutter Button Crafts - Jonda Poynter
26. Hypnotiq Persona - Denisha Vaughn
27. Balance and Scents Essential Oils - Missy Noelle
28. Scarves and Wearables - Gwendolyn Murphy
29. Pandora Sensations - Pamela Upshur
30. Barbara Tyson Mosley, Artist - Barbara Tyson
31. Silky’s Designs - Sharon Smith
32. Carolyn Fletcher, Artist - Carolyn Fletcher
33. Brown Suga Accessories - Tracey Hayes
34. Daniel Horton - Daniel Horton
35. Shesocrafty - Charmel Kelley
36. Festival Cuisine - Adam Nugent
The Garvin Gate Blues Festival is run by volunteers and the Garvin Gate Neighborhood Association. Proceeds from the festival help to preserve and improve our Old Louisville neighborhood and benefits the quality of life in Metro Louisville.
Our food and drink booths are managed by Adam Nugent with Festival Cuisine & Spirits. Food vendors interested in being a part of the festival must apply online. Supporting our food and drink vendors helps to pay for this free event. Unauthorized vendors setting up within the festival area will be asked to leave.
Thank you for your support!